Do you accept insurance? Medicare? Medicaid?
Unfortunately, no. Payment is expected at the time of service.
- Commercial insurance/PPO - We can provide you with an itemized receipt which contains all the required information to submit insurance. If you have out-of-network coverage, you may be reimbursed for at least a portion of your visit expenses.
- HMO - We do not participate with any HMO's and therefore you will most likely not be reimbursed.
- Medicare or Medicaid - We are not Medicare or Medicaid providers, and you cannot be submit claims or be reimbursed for our services. However, we do offer discounted office visits for Medicare and Medicaid patients.
Can any of your doctors be my Primary Care Physician(PCP)?
- Yes, Dr. Sivieri is board-certified in family practice and Dr. McDevitt is board-certified in internal medicine and either one could be your PCP. However, since we are not in-network with your insurance, you would need to pay for your visit at the time of service as discussed above.
What's your cancellation policy?
- All new patients much submit a $100 deposit to hold your appointment slot. If you cancel at least 72 hours before your visit, you will be refunded the $100. If not, you will forfeit the $100.
- All follow-up appointments must be cancelled at least 24 hours before your appointment or you will be charged a $100 cancellation fee.
- We do make exceptions for extenuating circumstances on case-by-case basis.
How long is my first appointment? Follow-up appointments?
- The first appointment with Dr. Sivieri is approximately 75-90 minutes, depending on the complexity of your case. The first appointments with Dr. McDevitt and Physician Assistant, Lynn Dudley are approximately 60 minutes.
- Follow-up appointments with Dr. Sivieri are 45 minutes. Follow-up appointments with Dr. McDevitt and Lynn Dudley are 30 minutes.